Mold Making & Slip Casting with Corky - ROW DTLA
- Location and Dates
- Class Description
This workshop will teach how to make a simple 2-piece slip casting mold with Corky of KAC Studios.
Class Session 1: We will teach how to prepare the object for mold making, learn how to
mix and pour the plaster for the two parts and have a finished two-part mold. (August 13th, 1 - 5pm)
Class Session 2: Once the molds have dried, we will teach how to prepare the slip and pour to cast. (August 20th, 1 - 5pm)
Class Session 3: We will teach how to de-mold and clean the seams of the object. Repair tears or imperfections. (August 21st, 1 - 3pm)
767 S Alameda St, #198, Los Angeles, 90021
- Saturday, August 13th // 1 pm - 5 pm
- Saturday, August 20th // 1 pm - 5 pm
- Sunday, August 21st // 1 pm - 3 pm
For our class, please bring a NONPOROUS object you want to cast.
- This can be glass, plastic, glazed ceramic, hard rubber, etc.
- Wood, Plaster, unglazed pottery is not good.
If you’re not sure you may want to bring a few objects:
*Objects should be no larger than 4” W x 5” L x 7” H*
They can be:
- A single handle coffee cups
- Small vases, bowls with footings,
- Small bottles.
- The shapes should not be too irregular.
Some common items that work. Any relief detail should be confined to opposite
sides of the items. For instance, front and back but not sides. Or sides but not
front and back. Please check the second photo for references.
- By enrolling in a class or workshop, you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the safety instructions and liability waiver.
- Please plan to arrive early so we can start class promptly at the scheduled time.
There is a cancellation fee of $20 for all workshops. Cancellations made 4 or more days before the date of class will be refunded minus this fee. For cancellations made fewer than 4 full days, but more than 24 hours before the start time, a 50% refund or 50% credit toward another class or workshop will be issued. We cannot provide refunds or credits for cancellations or rescheduling requests made fewer than 24 hours before the start time of class, if you miss your class, or arrive too late to participate.
Our classes are intended for adults. If you have a child under 18 who is interested in taking a class, please email us before enrolling.