Ceramic Sculpture: Making a Bust with Patsy Pitts
- Location and Dates
- Workshop Description
Learn everything that goes into sculpting a bust from start to finish.
850 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90405
This workshop consists of three weekly meetings:
- Saturday, March 12, 2022 from 2:00-4:00pm
- Saturday, March 19, 2022 from 2:00-4:00pm
- Saturday, March 26, 2022 from 2:00-4:00pm
Learn create a lifelike, life-sized ceramic bust from start to finish in this special course led by artist and activist Patsy Pitts. Patsy will cover the process of building a sculpture on an armature, facial anatomy and recreating these details in clay, controlling dryness, hollowing the finished form, and glazing options and strategies.
This course is intended for intermediate level potters who want to dive into an immersive project. Classes meet weekly (three sessions total) and you will need devote some time in between classes to work on your sculpture on your own. Most materials and tools will be provided by the studio.
Still Life Studio members receive 25% off this workshop with the code BUSTWORKSHOP.
- By enrolling in a class or workshop, you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the safety instructions and liability waiver.
- Click here to see our current Covid policies. Proof of vaccination is required to take a class at the studio. Refunds will not be issued if you are not able to show proof of vaccination upon arriving for your class.
- Please plan to arrive early so we can start class promptly at the scheduled time.
- Cancellations made 4 or more days before the date of class will be refunded. A 50% refund or 50% credit toward another class or workshop will be given for cancellations made fewer than 4 full days in advance.
- Our classes are intended for adults. Teens 14 and older are welcome if accompanied by a parent. If you have a child under 14 interested in taking a class, please contact us before enrolling.